Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shoesday Chronicles - Part 2


I decided pink shoes were going to be my wedding day feets destiny. So, channelling my inner Carrie Bradshaw, I set out to find some pink shoe inspiration and fell in love with these:

Manalo Blahnik Raspberry D'orsay

My perfect shoes came with an imperfect price for my budget: $715. Ouch.

But I definitely had something to start looking for: I really like the d'orsay or a peep toe pump. Having a back to the shoe I feel is ideal for an all-day pair of heels. It provides an extra security for my feet so not to twist my ankle while walking. And the peep toe or d'orsay, I'm not a strappy evening shoe type of person, so the peep is the perfect alternate for a summer wedding shoe.

And the final necessity for my wedding day shoes: a medium heel. Ideally speaking 2 1/2 - 3 inches. That way, I'd be around 5'9" - not too tall but still feeling foxy in a pretty heel.

So with those boundaries, I started my search, all while trying to keep my credit card far enough away from my computer so that I accidentally didn't purchase the Manolos in a fit of wedding passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment