Tuesday, May 11, 2010

miniMoon bracket gets serious... final four announced!

That's right folks, from 32 to 4! We are getting closer and closer to picking where we will be vacationing after the I Do's!

It's taken us a few weeks to mull over the 8 and get it narrowed down to 4 - and it just happens to be a quirky coincidence that all the remaining destinations have double consonants in them! With no further ado, I give you the two remaining brackets:




KJ made the pretty picture, but I prefer to tie this into our wedding, so I'll call my brackets the PINK and BLUE bracket!



Bracket Pink:


Charlotte, North Carolina

vs

Niagara Falls, New York/Canada



Bracket Blue:


Savannah, Georgia

vs

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin


If you've been playing along - you'll notice that something doesn't seem right in these brackets - and that's true! KJ and I made a decision about Nashville/Michigan bracket that was in the Elite 8. When we started our bracket, we had always knew Nashville would wind up in the final four, if not the winner of the entire trip. It's close enough, there are a lot of options, and it's Music City for heaven's sake... perfect for us. But due to the recent flooding and deviation in Nashville, we kind of changed our minds. I want to see Nashville, but I don't want to be disappointed, and it seems like it may be better to let Nashville recover before visiting on a high expectation vacation. (Say that 10 times fast) That being said, Michigan just didn't appeal to us, so we open that bracket up for discussion.


I'm pretty excited about the final four! I have to say, I actually don't know where we are going to wind up going. They are all very different areas and have a lot to offer. Now that Nashville is out, it really is anybody's game!


Where do you think we should go? What was the best mini vacation you've gone on?

No comments:

Post a Comment