Sunday, May 16, 2010

I blame Father of the Bride, The Wedding Planner, My Best Friends Wedding, and every other wedding movie that makes it look easy....

When I left off on our pattern picking story, I had told you all about how the plates we loved were actually very difficult to find.

This weekend, we returned back to the store where we first found these plates. We took some time to find a store clerk (which was WAY more difficult that it should have been), and asked about the items in question.

And we got our sad answer: the pattern has been discontinued. (So that's why I was only able to find bits and pieces of the patter on line and at other stores!)

Goodbye Dinnerware named after my favorite of the natural disasters:
tronda, the pattern name, means Tornado in Spanish

So, I think we've made a decision to not register for dinnerware. This is actually pretty disheartening news to me for a few reasons, (1) because I've been using hand-me-down plates for what could be considered close to a decade now and (2) I probably need a good lesson in caring for kitchen items. (Like, don't use the fork to mix rice in a stainless steel pan) I feel like having my own items would help me learn this lesson a little more thoroughly. Also (3) in all the wedding movies you see the happy couple in some fabulous department store, scanner or planner in-tow, picking out the beautiful plates their kitchen will revolve around.

Maybe I'm being over dramatic, but planning my wedding has been NOTHING like what they show in the movies. Wedding movies lead your to believe there is a lot of glamour in wedding planning, when really, there isn't. They also make you believe it's easy. I'm going to try not to let this get me down too much, I don't want to look like this on my wedding day:

...I think I'm going to work on getting an idea for our centerpieces tonight to take my mind off the lack of dinnerware :)

1 comment: