Saturday, January 30, 2010

Secrets, Secrets are no fun!

I recently came across a thread on one of my favorite wedding sites about the problems with wedding blogs.

In this thread, Brides-to-bee indicated they had created a secret wedding blog so they didn't feel like they were letting the cat our of the bag when it came to the details of their wedding. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think a "secret" wedding blog sounds crazy! I've posted my blog on everything, from our wedding website to our save the dates. I want to share the details and planning of our wedding with all our guests!

I can understand about brides not wanting to post the details about their dress, or having it be difficult not to post frustrations about certain bridal party members or the MOB (hehe, love you mom) driving them nuts because these people might be regular readers. But I think its silly to hide these details because its all part of the wedding process. All brides go through similar situations, and denying certain situations existed is like denying part of a wedding existed.

I want to remember everything about my wedding from the first freak out, to walking down the aisle, and returning from the honeymoon... with a husband. I think that's why I'm ok with being open with my blog. Now, I don't plan on putting up pictures of my dress (KJ is one of my readers) and that has always been, and will remain MY #1 secret. However, I do hope to post pictures of my dress following the ceremony. After the wedding I would like to print off all the entries from my blog as well as KJ's and make a pretty scrapbook out of them. Possibly include them in our wedding photo album.?

I also want our guests to feel included. A lot of my family and KJ's family are many miles from where the planning is going on and where the wedding will be located. So if my blog can act as a connection to my family - I feel good.

So that's the deal with my blog. It's open, honest and a candid snapshot of the highs and low of planning what is sure to be one of the most memorable days of my life. YAY wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment