Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Recap:

What do you get when you cross Christmas Eve with future-in-laws who when they come to Geneva like to treat themselves to the luxuries of the suburbs?
Dinner at Atwaters.
The exact location of me and KJ's engagement dinner! This fabulous restaurant in the
Herrington Inn has it all. An amazing view, exceptional service, and food that will leave your mouth watering for another round. New England Crab cakes with molten brie in sauteed apple shallot butter for an appetizer. Pumpkin Lasagna for a main course, and of course... dessert. How could the sweet tooth avoid the three mousses: chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry mousses served with fresh rum soaked berries and chocolate shavings...
Oh. My. Gawd. SO good.

Christmas Morning my family came over and we opened presents with KJ's parents. It was nice to be able to show off my colorful Christmas tree!
I got the new Crayola Ornament this year: Mommy's Little Artist!
Since this IS my wedding blog, time to bring Christmas gifts back to the wedding. So my
parents started giving me an ornament every year since I was young. That way, when I was old
enough to have my own tree, I would have ornaments for the tree. This has pretty much turned into my favorite gift ever because its so nice that when KJ and I started putting up our tree, we already had ornaments!

After presents we all went to see a movie, another silly tradition that started a long time ago since my family typically had nothing to do on Christmas! So off to solve the case of what movie to see..
The movie was "ok". The best part was, of course, the eye candy, one deliciously witty Robert
Downy Jr. and the strikingly handsome Jude Law. After the movie, I actually cooked Christmas Dinner and it turned out not too bad!

Our crazy Christmas Weekend ended with Adam & Megan's wedding. Their ceremony was at Naper Settlement in Naperville. This quaint little chapel was beautifully decorated with TWO dazzling Christmas trees and wreaths adorned in gold bows that matched the warm chapel interior wonderfully! I don't have any pics of the inside decorated, but to give you an idea.
Maybe a place for our ceremony? I'll definitely have to look more into it. It really was charming! Adam and Megan couldn't have chosen a better location for their winter wonderland wedding!

...And so ends the tall tale of Christmas 2009: a family, food, and festivity filled Holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment