Saturday, December 19, 2009

Apologies & Inspirations

Bad wedding blogger... very very bad! That was my punishment for hardly blogging in the past week. I'm kind-of a last minute Xmas shopper, so the past few days I have been battling mall parking lots, overworked retail employees, and the pressure of finding the "perfect" gift.

This is one of my inspiration boards, I have about 3 of them - but this is the first one I had created - its sort of my "attire" board. My mom had a really hard time envisioning what Navy dresses with pink accents would look like so I created this to share with her. I think the navy and pink is a preppy, clean and fun look.

One thing I'm struggling with lately is a theme/design I can use throughout the decorations. Obviously, one theme would be the navy/pink, but I've seen a lot of "birds" or "monograms" or "palm tree" logos that people will use on all sorts of things from Napkins and favors, to programs and invitations. I feel like if we were doing a destination wedding, or a Holiday celebration it would be very easy to find the perfect little design, but we are not. Once I find this "thing" I'd like to update my inspiration board to start making it more personal.

I can't wait for a few months down the road, when the decorations have all been picked out, to look back at my first inspiration board and see where it has gone from here...

No comments:

Post a Comment