Sunday, April 25, 2010

Faulty Equations

What do you get when you add a UPC Scanner and an indecisive couple?

Not much.

Today was our second registry date And while KJ will tell you all about the novelty of the first time... it was not in the cards today.

The goal was bedding and dishes. Two BIG ticket items on any registry. And where do you go for items that will last through the decades? Well, the classic MACY's, of course.

We got through the bedding slowly, but I wouldn't be surprised if we change our initial pick before completing the registry, but where we really struggled was the dishes! SO many options, yet none spoke to us.

We want something that we can use everyday, but that has an elegance that can transcend different occasions. KJ is a little more traditional, while I'm a little more modern. We needed to find a pattern that blend both of us... and of course, is dishwasher safe. I don't think there is too much worse than having to hand wash dishes.

Lennox Venetian Lace
Love the romantic pattern here - but its on the too formal side for every day use. It's definitely fine china, plus the platinum rim means no dishwasher to preserve this prettiness.
Lennox Chocolate Dinnerware
The swirls are pretty but this pattern just seems too busy. I don't know if all types of food would look appealing with all the plates have going on.

Noritake Mocha Java
I'm a HUGE fan of these super sweet polka dots, but KJ isn't... there was no compromising on this one.
Mikasa Daylight
I thought the leaves were cute and modern, but KJ wasn't sure it would work in winter and throughout the year... definitely something I didn't think about!
Lennox Opal Innocence - Carved
Lennox actually has a fine china pattern in Opal Innocence which I'm a fan of, so I thought these might be a possibility, but in real life the plates look a little heavy.

So back to the drawing board we go. I'm in need of some plate inspiration... anybody have good suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment