Monday, April 12, 2010

365 Days later

So - this entry was written last Friday (the 9th) which was our engage-a-versary. I was in Paris for the weekend visiting KJ's fam and had little access to the internet, so its being posted today instead!

Guess what today is?

It is my one year anniversary of being engaged! That’s right folks, one year ago I went from “for now” with KJ to “for always”. In one year it seems like absolutely nothing has changed. We haven’t won the lottery. KJ hasn’t become a big rock star (yet, I’m still holding out for this one) We are living in the same apartment, working the same jobs, with the same stinky puppy. We have talked about changing where we live or where we work so much, probably everyday since a year ago, and nothing has changed. But that’s not a bad thing.

A year has gone by since we got engaged and I still love KJ to pieces, I never want that to change. KJ makes me laugh till it hurts, one of my favorite qualities about my finance. He makes sure I don’t get caught up in the little things. He holds me accountable for being a healthier person. It’s nice to know that we can go through something as demanding and time consuming as wedding planning and underneath it all – we are still the same. Some times I think “what will KJ and I even talk about after this wedding is over?” But looking at how we are the same silly people we were a year ago makes me realize we will figure it out and we will make it work (even if it does take us procrastinators a little longer than it probably should).

I’m really lucky, and thankful. Happy engage-a-versary to me!

Bonus question... why is KJ holding an empty box in this picture?

1 comment:

  1. Because he already asked you to marry him and he was doing a re- enactment. -BAJ-

    ReplyDelete