Friday, June 11, 2010

Shoesday Chronicals - Part 4

Part 2

When I last posted, online shopping wasn't getting too far, so I hit the stores. From DSW, to Macy's & Nordstom, even adventures to Sears and Lord & Taylor, I visited every department store in a 45 mile radius of Chicago.

The department stores definitely had some possibilities, but it got to be a game of Goldilocks & The Three Bears... this shoe was too hot, this shoe was too cold... and none were just right.

Poesy from Nordstrom


3 1/2 inches - check
Peep-toe - check
But the shoe was a little more purple than pink :(
Nina Shoes - Galvey

On sale at Macys? Yes please!
It just so happened that KJ was on this shopping adventure with me, and he voted this pair out immediately. Plus, at 4 inches, the heel was a little out of my comfort zone.
Nina Shoes - Crita.

I adore this shoe to pieces. I thought about asking the BM to all get this shoe in Navy. The pink they offered though was too soft and I feel it wouldn't pop enough. Part of the fun of wearing colored shoes is making a statement and these just didn't seem to cut it.

It didn't seem like I could find the right color pink, so the next most logical choice would be to get a pair that I could dye to my favorite color. I have to say that I am 99.9% against dyeable shoes. I've gotten a few pairs for prom before and it always seems like the material on the shoe starts to fray after dying. Trying to keep an open mind I investigated into dyeable shoes. I remembered from my Prom days that David's Bridal could match almost any color, so off I went.

I had looked online and saw Martina:
However when I went to the store, the shoe was completely sold out.

And that took care of the dyeable situation. I wasn't going to get a shoe that I couldn't try on before buying and after browsing their selection of dyeable shoes it only seemed to reaffirm my distaste for the frayed edges of dyeables.

By this time, my first dress fitting was on the horizon. I went to the appointment sans shoes and had to use a pair of heels at the bridal salon for my fitting. They were 2 1/2 inches, and I was told at that time I could go up a little in heel height without drastically changing the alterations. So now, I was locked into a heel right around 3 inches.

I began to feel helpless...

No comments:

Post a Comment