Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thinking ahead...

So I've become a fan of social stalking my wedding vendors - facebook, youtube, twitter, linked in - I'll find my vendors all over the Internet once I sign the contract. It's like "hey vendor, we've been on a few dates now, and I'm ready to take this relationship to the next level... can you confirm my friendship?" My stalking tendencies mostly come from the fact that photographers and dj's and wedding coordinators and graphic designers are so creative, there is always something new to look at and toss around the idea if you'd like to incorporate it into your own wedding. Maybe it's me wanting it to be spring, but I've really been into trees, leaves and nature lately. Invitations with leaves embossed into them have caught my attention this past week, and just yesterday I was flipping through a Bed, Bath & Beyond catalogue and saw this fantastic bedroom set in a green, brown and cream color combo with pretty leaves all over it. So, when I saw this image posted on photographer Steve Koo's fb page today my heart skipped a beat:


Giant tree - check, engaged couple - check, pretty background (bonus for getting the buildings in the background) - check, black and white - check! It's fantastic, check, check, check!!

I haven't actually got around to picking a day for our engagement pictures, but this has got me really excited for them. KJ and I have talked through a few ideas of where we would like to have our e-pics done (naperville riverwalkthird street geneva are two top contenders). One thing that I thought might be missing from either of these two places are those token "Chicago shots" where the couple is in front of buckingham fountain or walking with the city architecture in the back.

Then again, I see pictures like the one above, and I don't care where they are taken because wherever it is... they will be fabulous. What are your favorite e-pic photos: Are they the ones with a great background, or are they the ones of you and yours wrapped up in each other? If you could do it all over, what e-pic shots would you not want to miss out on?

1 comment:

  1. We had our e-pics in NYC and I absolutely love the one of us and the Mahatten skyline but honestly my favorite is the candid moment with us laughing in each others arms.

    Can't wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete