Saturday, July 3, 2010

Great Goodbyes

As some of you know, two of my dear friends got new jobs and are leaving where we all worked together for bigger and better jobs. Topped off my our old director leaving about a month ago, that brings our 4 person department down to 1 - Me. So, I've been besides myself crazy. But alas, that's for a different post.

These two friends decided to take me out to brunch this morning for an "office wedding celebration" minus the office. While we celebrated their departure yesterday in the office with a pizza party and milkshakes, this kind of acted as a last goodbye, as I wont see them for a few weeks.

We met at a local restaurant known for its AMAZING breakfast food.


As we dined on the patio we talked about new endeavors and wedding plans - they presented me
with a card and my first set ever of SILLY BANDZ - the princess set :D



After a yummy meal, we walked over to a local ice cream and sweets place (Grahams).


Now, I was told that we were going there because one of the girls cousins worked there (which they do) but when I walked in I was greeted by two presents (easily identified for any Bride-to-Be as Bed Bath & Beyond's silver & purple wrapping) and a beautiful PINK gift bag, marking this trip to Grahams as a little impromptu shower!

We ordered a round of chocolate fondue, talked, and played a little trivia game called COFFEE SMARTS (super cute gift for your favorite barista, btw!) In between I had the chance to unwrap a new coffee machine, a bag of Starbuck's Breakfast Blend, 3 bottles of Sugar Free Syrup (which is awesome because S.F. Syrups make my diabetic-friendly coffee addiction possible), and two adorable coffee cups. Funny enough, the coffee cups were from one of the sets of plates KJ and I discussed early on: the Misto collection from Bed, Bath and Beyond! The girls didn't even know these mugs were our favorite coffee cups ever when we were looking for dishes - such a small, and happy, world!

The gifts were great because much coffee will be needed to keep me productive at work in the next few weeks. I am lucky to have worked with such fantastic people (who will both be at the wedding) and even luckier to be able to celebrate with them both!

Thanks for the GREAT morning, ladies!

Marketing Department (plus 'Little H', 2nd from left) at our last event of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment