Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Earth... what?

earth⋅quake

[urth-kweyk]
–noun
1.a series of vibrations induced in the earth's crust by the abrupt rupture and rebound of rocks in which elastic strain has been slowly accumulating.
2. something not found in Illinois.... until last night.
**********************************************************************************************
Last night I could not fall asleep. I tossed and turned in bed for sometime until I decided the floor looked like it might provide solice. So I grabbed my pillows, pulled out on extra blanket and headed to the carpet. About 4am:
KJ: "Cara, Cara, Cara, Cara, Cara?", "Cara, Caaaaarrrrraaaa......."
Cara: Rolling over from her slumber..."w.w.w.what babe?
KJ: "Are you ok?"
Cara: "I'm fine, I was sleeping, what's wrong?"
KJ: "I think you feel out of be..."
Cara: "WHAT?" noticing the apartment felt like it was on top a vibrating bed.
KJ: "I thought you fell out of bed." thinking "earthquake?"
Cara: "Earth what?"
KJ: "oh, well, go back to bed."
Scene
The Aftershock: So apparently, KJ thinks my falling out of bed creates the same situation as an earthquake?
Grr... I'll be at the gym for the next 6 months... trying to prevent earthquakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment